Recent Accomplishments include:
- We have worked collaboratively to secure funding for breast cancer research totaling over $2.5 billion since 1992 through the Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program (DoD-BRCP) & participate as consumer advocates in the grant review process for the program. Over $28 million of this funding has come to Wisconsin research institutions
- We were an active supporter of the “BPA Free Kids Act”, signed into law in March 2010. The law bans the sale or manufacture of baby bottles/cups containing BPA in Wisconsin
- We helped establish the WI Breast Cancer Research Fund, which has raised over $1 million via an income tax check off box. We are monitoring the use of the funds by the Medical College of Wisconsin and the UW - Paul P. Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- In 2005 and 2006, we helped establish the WI Cancer Patient Protection Act; requiring health care plans to cover routine care costs for patients in clinical trials.
- We helped establish Nick’s Law in Wisconsin, creating a cancer drug repository program.
- We host an annual Wisconsin Advocacy Day and educational event at the State Capitol in March at which we lobby for appropriate levels of funding for:
- We are an active member of The Wisconsin Cancer Council, serving on their Government Relations and Policy committees